Explore Your World Your Way with Moon travel guides!
In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. With Moon Iceland, you can craft your perfect experience.
Moon Iceland features:
- Expert, local author Jenna Gottlieb, who provides her American-expat perspective on her adopted home country
- Full-color guidebooks with vibrant, stunning, and useful photos. Moon Iceland is the only full color guide to this destination.
- Detailed directions and over 20 maps for getting around and exploring on your own
- Itineraries for every trip and budget, including: Winter Wonders, Get Yourself in Hot Water, The Best of Iceland, The Best of Reykjavík, Best Wildlife Watching, 4-Day Iceland Getaway
- Strategic advice on finding the best accommodations, getting around, and experiencing the real Iceland, even in the challenging but rewarding winter season
- Activities and trip ideas for every traveler, such as walking on a glacier, visiting volcanoes, soaking in hot springs, road trips through stark and beautiful tundra, whale watching, best hikes, and wildlife-spotting, and tips on seeing the northern lights, as well as Reykjavík's incredible museums and nightlife
- Focused information for Reykjavík, Reykjanes Peninsula and the South, Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland and the Eastfjords, and the Highlands
- Accurate and Up-to-date information, researched by a local
- Useful tools such as an Icelandic phrasebook, packing suggestions, and an easy to navigate format, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
- Well-researched background on the landscape, history, government, and culture, equipping you have the experience you're looking for
With Moon Iceland
's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Find the Moon Guide that best suits your trip! With Moon's extensive list of destinations and expert group of local authors, you'll have the vacation you're looking for.
Looking for more specific information on traveling in Iceland's capital city? Check out Moon Reykjavík!
Hoping to extend your northern European vacation? Try Moon Croatia & Slovenia or Moon Prague & Budapest!
Full list of coverage: Reykjavík, Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the Southern Coast, Southwest Iceland, Heimaey, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, the Westfjords, Akranes and inland, Húnaflói, Skagafjördur, Tröllaskagi, Grímsey, Akureyri, Mývatn region, Húsavík, Jökulsárgljúfur National Park, the Northeastern Corner, Vopnafjördur, Fljótsdalshérad, the Eastfjords, the Vatnajökull Revion, Springisandur, and Kjölur